Skills For Trades – Heritage Building Repair Course
We are offering a six day certified course, January – March 2018, on understanding the repair and maintenance of pre-1919 buildings
The course is aimed at crafts people, contractors, building professionals and home owners – basically anyone who is passionate about conserving built heritage and wanting to learn more. The course will be delivered through classroom lectures and hands-on practical workshops where you can observe and try the different techniques.
A Level 3 NVQ course funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, accredited by the CSkills and City & Guilds, and endorsed by the National Heritage Training Group (NHTG).
- How conservation is organised and managed
- Repair and maintenance of traditional buildings
- Legislation and guidance in practice
- Traditional materials and effective methods of use on historic buildings
- Safe working practice, good and bad practice
Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) Office, The Old Workhouse, King Street, Pateley Bridge, HG3 5LE
- John Monroe – National Heritage Training Group
- Colin Richards – UK Institute for Historic Building Conservation
- Friday 26th & Sat 27th January 2018
- Friday 23rd & Sat 24th February 2018
- Friday 30th & Sat 31st March 2018 (delegates must attend all six days to gain a certificate)
£150 for local residents/businesses (based within the Upper Nidderdale Scheme Area)
Cost includes all materials, refreshments, exam registration, assessment and certification.
£985 for non-local residents/businesses
This is a subsidised course funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund.
How to book
Places are limited and will be booked on a first come first served basis, so early booking is essential. Book online here. For queries and further information, contact us on 01423 712950 or email@example.com.
Download all the information about the course here.