Skills for trades – heritage building repair course
Six day certified course, January – March 2018, on understanding the repair and maintenance of pre-1919 buildings
The course was aimed at crafts people, contractors, building professionals and home owners – basically anyone who is passionate about conserving built heritage and wanting to learn more. The course was delivered through classroom lectures and hands-on practical workshops where participants could observe and try the different techniques.
A Level 3 NVQ award (Understanding Repair and Maintenance of Traditional Pre 1919 Buildings) funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, accredited by the CSkills and City & Guilds, and endorsed by the National Heritage Training Group (NHTG).
- How conservation is organised and managed
- Repair and maintenance of traditional buildings
- Legislation and guidance in practice
- Traditional materials and effective methods of use on historic buildings
- Safe working practice, good and bad practice
- John Monroe – National Heritage Training Group
- Colin Richards – UK Institute for Historic Building Conservation
Download the course flyer here.
Download our Homeowners Conservation Guide here.